The Steam-Powered City
Deities and Religions
The known world is host to all sorts of different deities, beliefs and religions. Many of our gods are active in the mortal world, while some prefer to stay above in their own plane of existence. Some are even just mortals worshipped for their extraordinary feats, but all of them shall be listed in this tome.
The Old Gods are seven deities who were once worshipped in the lands of Thanarin, though they have since been shunned in favour of the Imperial pantheon, The Eight Divines, by all kingdoms but Iagrana, Deltur, Polimere and Athijan.
- Callik, the god of War
- Thrum, the god of Knowledge and Magic
- Druvaea, the god of Life and Prosperity
- Komac Hau, the god of Nature
- Ethena, the goddess of Music and Dance
- Almalathia, the goddess of Deceit and Trickery
- Aoul Drahn, the god of the Sea
The Eight Divines are the deities of the kingdoms under the rule of the Touldari Empire, plus Polimere and Deltur. Iagrana, one of the Imperial kingdoms, has rejected this pantheon, claiming they are not the "true gods" of Men. These deities do not have names, rather titles. Egrond worships both the Old Gods and the Eight Divines simultaneously, though it's mostly focused on Aoul Drahn.
- The Lord, god of Justice and Safety
- The Farmer, god of Fertility and Crops
- The Merchant, god of Work and Commerce
- The Lady, goddess of Beauty and Love
- The Mother, goddess of Mercy and Logic
- The Soldier, god of Order and Peace
- The Commander, god of War and Protection
- The Emperor, god of Leadership and Well-Being
The Av'Khadaani Pantheon is, as the name suggests, the group of deities worshipped by the nomadic tribal peoples of northern Thanarin, the Av'Khadaani. Their only names are in the native tongue of the nomads, and only through rough translation has the rest of the world been able to figure out their respective domains. Below are their original names, as well as the translations.
- Achti Cavhanah (Lord Hunt), god of the Hunt
- Achti Sphalhima (Lord Sun), god of the Sun
- Achtalhi Mhorgana (Lady Nature), goddess of Nature
The Great Dragons are the only remaining dragons from the Dragon Conquest, over two thousand years ago.
- Umbaroth, Dragon-Lord of Death
- Rusorth, Dragon-Lord of Fire and Ash
- Lyrroth, Dragon-Lord of Wisdom
- Myrthesia, Dragon-Lord of Life
- Tyrea, Dragon-Lord of War
Though the Azomeri pantheon does not have an official name, they are most commonly referred to as the Elven Mothers. Their deities are all women, as the High Elves have a female-dominated society, unlike the rest of the world who are largely led by men. Most of the Azomeri goddesses are nature-based in some way, shape or form.
- Vanas Maghan, Queen of the Forest
- Azaani, goddess of Beauty
- Elaena, goddess of Vanity and Lust
- Ichus, goddess of Wildlife
- Syndra, goddess of the River
- Aenwyn, goddess of Peace
- Valiath, goddess of War
These individuals were some of the very first commanders, emperors, or other significant people of the Snow Elven Vuthanic Empire, who are praised for forming the foundation of their society, and are called the Great Prophets by their ever-grateful people.
- Vel Meloth, prophet of Peace, formerly the second commander of the Vuthanic army
- Vosonthrik, prophet of Order, the second Emperor of the Vuthanic Dynasty
- Daenelis, prophet of Commerce, the fourth Emperor of the Vuthanic Dynasty
- Atraya, prophet of Life, one of the first settlers of Deneirland
- And finally, Vuthan, prophet of the Empire, the very first Emperor of his dynasty
Some of the Colmer people say that many of their prophets achieved immortality and godhood in the Immortal Plane, though this is just regarded as superstition.
Back to Contents